Long weekend By Matt

 Sunday: After a long night of drinking mate in Fatima, I started my day at 11:30 in the morning. First came eating Father’s Day breakfast, followed by a gratifying Asado with some cousins of my brother, Manuel. Before coming to Argentina, I did not know what to expect with the famous meat, but after Sunday my expectations were surpassed with the mouth watering barbecue. After some time, myself, Manuel, Felipe (Manu’s brother), and a cousin went to play a popular game similar to tennis known as “Paddle.” After receiving a text from Niko Axiotis, Manuel and I made our way to the local gym where we met Niko and his brother, Tomas. After the exhilarating lift, our stomachs called for food. Fast forward three hours of relaxing, Manuel and I started our nights by eating Asado leftovers for dinner accompanied by my new family. And finally finishing the night off with a sad movie about a dog with my family. At least I thought, because then Manuel came in at 23:45 and told me that we are going out, just to arrive back home and crash in my bed until noon the next day. 



Monday: Monday consisted of similar festivities, starting with a late morning at 12:00. Followed with a late breakfast/early lunch before Manuel and I hit the gym with some friends. Afterwards, Manuel and I returned home and welcomed some friends into the house where we spent an hour together before departing from Fatima, and back to the city. Monday didn’t include many exciting things, but definitely was a day that will go appreciated on my journey to Argentina.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Argentina

Thursday and Friday by John Cetrino

Tuesday and Wednesday by Cristian Velez